Tuesday 5 July 2011

Planning for rain

Tomorrow it's going to rain. This here is exciting and worth planning for. This means today has been spend doing dry weather things at great speed and sorting out other things so we can have wet weather things to do tomorrow. This degree of planning ahead is somewhat alien to me.

One trailer load of logs came off a pile in a field, split, moved and stacked ready for the winter. Another load came off the pile and went off to elderly neighbour #2. The third lot are in a covered trailer, hitched to the smallest tractor I've ever seen and are waiting to be stacked under cover tomorrow. Stacking logs under cover is a wet weather job, I'm told, and we must therefore not waste good weather doing it. I now have log-throwing skills which I may even put on my c.v.

Our other wet-weather preparation involved barricading three adolescent duckings into their night-time shelter because they haven't yet mastered the art of waterproofing. Similar to being allowed to stay in bed all day with a supply of food and water, just because of the rain. I wish people were allowed to actually do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment