Wednesday 13 July 2011

Letters

Today I have been writing letters so I find myself a bit written-out, if such a state of being exists. I do have some things to report. Small achievements but noteworthy in their own small way.

#1 "Backwards Duckling" has learned to go forwards, but is still much better at backwards. Most of the ducklings have learned to stop without falling over. The ducks who are sitting on eggs are getting very grumpy, and I'm told this a sign of happenings inside the eggs. The other ducks have been shut out of their space. Ducklings will no doubt arrive this weekend while I'm not here.

#2 Today I left the site, and even left the village. I cycled as far as the next town, bought yellow-stickered goodies, ate fish and chips and ice cream and came home again. Tomorrow I may even go for a walk. I'm slowly building up. By the end of my time here I may even do interesting things.

#3 I was big and brave and talked to the scary campers who look like they might be cool. They're quite nice really and we had a little chat about how likely you are to be mugged or raped in different parts of Aberdeen.

No comments:

Post a Comment