Tuesday 6 March 2012

IVFDF's over: The Return to Real Life

Hi Folks,

The next couple of blog posts are going to be catching up with myself after this past weekend.

For those of you who weren't there (and you should have been) or are unaware of this phenomenon, this past weekend was the 61st Inter-Varsity Folk Dance Festival, hosted for the first time in Aberdeen by myself and the rest of the amazing committee. Three days of lots and lots of folk dance and music. Early mornings, late nights and a very large amount of organisation and stress. Well, I was stressed at any rate. A more balanced, experienced organiser may have taken it entirely in their stride.

Anyway, it's been a long time in the organising, and for the past 6 months or so, more and more parts of my life have been put on hold "till after IVFDF".

And we did it. We pulled it off. Lots of people. They seemed to be happy most of the time and only a small number of people moaned about small pointless things. I imagine there will be criticisms out there but I also figure a lot of them won't make it all the way back to me - they're a polite bunch, and I'm unlikely to do it again ever again, most definitely not in the next decade.

It's over. I'm still remembering small snippets of it as I begin to reflect. Some things happened so fast and so frantically that I'm not sure how much detail I'll have remembered. Either way. I'll come up with my own verdict of it yet. Just not right now.

Today I went back to work (one of my "work"s) after yesterday off. I've now got a few spare minutes before I go back to my Church Housegroup after many weeks' IVFDF-related truancy to hope they'll still remember who I am. I'm blogging. and it's great. The passing of the One Huge Thing I've been hard at work on for so long has given me back a fair amount of my own time and energy. Now I just want to use it wisely. I'll maybe even tell you about it.

1 comment:

  1. If you're going to do it again, do it in the next decade. My second - five years on - was much more fun, but five years on again I don't think I'd do a third :)

    ReplyDelete