Thursday 23 February 2012

Three jobs and Folk Festival

Oh, and an all-night volunteering shift and a road trip to Glasgow and back.

I do enjoy my life - it is not boring. Newton's First Law: A body at motion will remain at motion unless acted on by an external force. A body at rest will remain at rest. I am attempting to be the first, the "body in motion" remaining so. Keep runnin', Kiddo.

Yes, news. Fanfare, do-do-do-dooo! I have a new job. Sat on my bum playing with a telephone and an excel spreadsheet somewhere in the bowels on University admin. 16-20 hours a week paying better than the shop job but not as well as the cleaning job. And... they're happy with me keeping hold of two other jobs and fitting this one around them. Dear Lord, Thank You. I start Wednesday. Today is a Thursday, there's a few minutes left of it as a write.

This weekend, if I count Friday features;  a lot of dressmaking, a cleaning shift, a birthday party, an important meeting with our final sleeping venue, a Street Pastor volunteering shift 10pm-4am, a drive from Aberdeen to Glasgow, an afternoon in Glasgow, a formal ball and afterparty, a night on a floor somewhere, a Cluedo party, a drive back to Aberdeen from Glasgow, a run-through-the-battle-plan committee meeting and a fair amount of caffeine. Wish me luck. Monday and Tuesday I'm at the shop job, Monday night I'm off to see a scary movie because I want to see the persons who wants to see it, early Tuesday I'm cleaning. Wednesday I start the new job, 7:30am on Thursday I'll drive to the train station and come home with an accordion belonging to someone I don't really know, then flyer everyone I can get to. On Friday starts the craziest three days of my little life. And there's lots still to do!

What are you up to?

No comments:

Post a Comment