Tuesday 6 March 2012

Next up: Three jobs, no more Folk Festival

It occurs to me I told you about my three jobs and Folk Festival life balance, but very little about what job number 3 entails.

To recap.
Job number 1: 8-20 hours shop work in town. Normally more like 12 hours but in small annoying chunks. Nice people though. Mind-numbingly-boring stuff.

Job number 2: 6 hours cleaning out of town. Lonely and usually involving a far-too-early start. Good pay.

And to announce (fanfare!) ...
Job number 3: 16-20 hours office work at the University. This is new and scary but so far I seem to be capable of it. I play with excel. I get to sit on my bum and stare at a computer and use a small, neglected "spreadsheet" corner of my brain. The people seem nice and the pay should be better than the shop job.

Total: 30-46 hours per week, depending on shifts and how nice each employer is feeling. This is probably going to involve either an early morning or a bit of weekend work each week, probably both. The pay-cheque will be the silver lining. Just need to think of something worthwhile to do with it.

Here on in, I get to concentrate my efforts on doing my job(s) well, with no Folk Festival Distraction to fuzz things up. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment