Wednesday 5 October 2011

Interview outfit

Job hunt report. Progress is being made. 


On Monday I gave away two copies of my CV. Only two I tell you, poor show kid. That said I did go home with a list of places that were looking for online applications. Yesterday I applied for/enquired about 5 different jobs. One said no thanks, it's gone. 


But then life got more exciting - one of the places I'd given a CV on Monday phoned back - I got myself an interview. And it's tomorrow! Must remember not to call Mr Potential Future Employer Blokey "Dude" again. 


Email inbox this morning. One no thank you, but also a glimmer of hope:

Good news!  You have passed the first stage of your application for the position of ... We would now like you to complete an online assessment so we can find out more about you.  
And tonight I'll get to read about an even less likely but much more exciting job vacancy that might be for me. Probably isn't, but I'll give it a good Think anyway.

Also discovered yesterday was a Research Assistant position in my old uni department that I'm mostly qualified for, but not entirely. A bit scary but I'll follow it up all the same.

Today's plan therefore follows thus:
#1 Online assessment, email the uni. #2 Lunch, possibly whilst being big brave grown-up type person and telephoning the council. #3 Job Centre Appointment. #4 CV-ing Union Sq. #5 Home for tea, maybe more online job seeking. #6 Teaching a bunch of newbies to dance.

So much for watching telly in bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment