Friday 6 January 2012

What to do when two men you don't know show up and take away your bed?

Relax. The two men I didn't know were accompanied by a girl I did know, who is the true an rightful owner of the bed. I've had it on long-term loan for two and a half years but the time has now come to give it back.

Presently, I have no bed.
Tonight, I'll be okay. Of my two flatmates the one who's most likely to stay awake till all hours on the sofa is out for the night. I can claim the sofa. Tomorrow I shall begin to camp in my own bedroom. I'm even considering pitching the tent for safety. Whatever happens to the monsters under the bed when you lift up the bed and take it away?

So the bed search begins. Found the most awesome thing on gumtree last night - a single bed atop a double futon with a little desk. I could have my own sofa! Too late was the cry. Sold and delivered. I have put the word out on facebook and tomorrow we hit the charity shops. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on the search, and good to see more posting too! I'm currently dreading what the search for accommodation/furniture/etc/etc is going to be like when I get to Lubbock...

    ReplyDelete