Saturday 21 January 2012

Procrastination

Why hello. Welcome back.

Today I get a few free afternoon hours, and it's Saturday so I don't feel guilty about not doing anything job-hunt or festival-organisation based. I probably ought to feel guilty about not doing anything about cleaning the flat, but there's time for that yet.

I spent this morning and lunchtime with friends putting together the first timetable for the festival. It took 4 hours for three grown-ups to put a bunch of different things in to boxes and type it up. Did not see that coming, but it is at least now done. Draft 1 now exists. God only knows (and I hope he does know) how many changes we'll have in the next 6 weeks. SIX WEEKS! Eek! So that was this morning.

Home to an empty flat. Made a yummy fry up and sat down to watch Masterchef and smugly eat my infinitely superior food. This is where I realised - I can't chill out any more. My crazy little mind kept wandering. I soon had 4 different tabs open. Facebook - once you've caught up there's not much happening. Checked three different email accounts despite having chosen not to look at them right now. Not much I didn't know about anyway. XKCD inly updates 3 times a week and we lost one of those this week to a SOPA protest. I've lost the knack of aimlessly wandering the internets. What do I do now? How do I procrastinate? Maybe I'll just have a nap and draw some more stick men.

Tonight I'm off to a Burn's Supper with a bunch of dancing friends. It'll be ace. Music and dancing and haggis and speeches, toasts and responses. All with the people I love. The one thing that's getting me a little down is that I'll be dateless tonight again. Ok, I've never been to this event with someone who is "mine" but tonight all but one of "our lot" that I can think of will be paired off. Heck, this was the event two years ago when one friend told us he was getting married. Ooh, make that two others. Maybe I'm not so sad after all. The point remains, I'm sure these things are nicer if you have a Someone sitting next to you, and one day I'd quite like to try that.

1 comment:

  1. But there were lots of people who didn't have a date!

    ReplyDelete