Tuesday 16 August 2011

Zoom Whizz Splash

Dear blog, I have been terribly lax, and having adventures that I have failed to share with you. Real Life has been doing its thing. I went to France where collectively we sent one guy to hospital, danced in the street and brought home the town's major. I went to Edinburgh, where I stroked a very stroke-able baby, learned a proper thigh-slapping Austrian dance, crewed a theatre show and went clubbing for the first time in what may now be years. I caught lifts from friends around two sides of a square and wound up back in my own little bubble - in caravan number two.

Caravan number two is not the same as caravan number one. For starters it is infinitely cuter but it has its down-sides: In order to sleep two you have to render the main door unusable and come and go through the shower. The door is falling off the hinges and never quite shuts. Coming and going in the rain involves a degree of getting wet. The smoke alarm won't let me use the grill, and I'm now too far away for my poor laptop to locate el internetio. Apart from that it's lovely. Being in the open means I get to listen to the rain on the roof, it's lighter in the mornings and evenings and I'm the one next to the outdoor kitchen now. I reckon it'll get a bit chilly before my time is out, but right now I wear my big woolly jumper and I just about get by.

Today I cycled halfway (at least) to Loch Morlich, on a forest track. Pretty bumpy, but just about cycle-able and not to uppittydownitty. Yes it was raining all the while but I loved it. The bike felt like it was only just standing up to it, and I have endeavoured to invest in a new pair of cycling gloves next time I find myself in the vicinity of civilisation. Reckon I did something like 14/15 miles as a round trip, an hour and a quarter. But now I have starting blocks, a route I now know and like. I can only get faster and go further. This is the sort of thing I saw myself doing more of out here, so I might as well start catching up.

No comments:

Post a Comment