Tuesday 14 July 2015

Teeth. Kitchens. Board Games. Brain Overload.

2 minutes to ten. This is going to be one of those weeks where I just tell you Stuff. Unconnected, illogical stuff. 


This is not going to be a week where I have a reasoned argument or an actual point to make. You have been warned.


This evening I skived a Committee Meeting to go babysit two usually angelic children. Drink the tea, eat the biscuits, watch the telly, write the blog. Was Plan A. Parents, I salute you. I am fairly sure the Devil himself invented teeth. Or at least the method of acquiring them. You've only been on this planet a matter of months, you've just about mastered sitting up, spoons, gurgling and pulling the cat's tail. You get to nap in the daytime and don't know the meaning of the word "office". Life is good. Then all of a sudden there are these horrible spiky hard things that want to cut their way up through your gums! Surely there was meant to be a better way of getting them than that?! Teeth are useful in the end and all that, but try explaining that to a screaming baby. Teething, did you really not have any better ideas, eh God?

I am just home. The house is fairly chaotic. There's a half-finished game of Qwirkle in the living room. The kitchen has very little food left in it and splodges of various paint testers on the walls. There are two 3 metre lengths of worktop in the hallway because they don't fit anywhere else. The spare room is storage central as we decant the contents of the kitchen in to it. The hallway cupboard is actually quite tidy, on account of me having to empty it yesterday to pull out the Thing at the absolute back.

This thing is awesome. I am bringing it camping and none of you can leave until you've had a shot.

I came home with a craving for that sort of cheat cake that you can make in the microwave, but we're all out of eggs. First World Problems.

We have the next days (during which we'll be at work) to decant the remainder of the kitchen before it gets ripped out on Friday.

We are this pretentious. We have packed the teapots (there are quite a few at that) in to wine boxes. What have I become?

And people want to hire our tents. Quite a lot of them. My bedroom wall now looks like this. I am probably going to have to say no to some people because we don't have a tent left available for them. That's exciting, right?

July gets it's own bit of paper. It's special.

And that's without the stuff I arranged at lunchtime today. I can feel it starting to pick up the pace a bit now. Most evenings we've had something to arrange and a few emails to send. Our online contact form is working really well and people are using it. Awesomesauce. Even the Facebook page is getting a tiny bit of traffic. Very soon we'll start the busy job of driving around this gorgeous country every weekend sharing out the tents. I'm very much looking forward to that side of things. I will get to go on a ferry and someone else is paying for it! Win!

I'm going to get to drive a car in to this thing. I know that's pretty mundane and boring if you've done it before, but I haven't so WOOOO!!!
It will come as no surprise then that I have a cold. Yack. The drippy sort that makes you want to cut your own nose off because it's just getting in the way. I shall go to bed very soon, that might help.

The remainder of this week contains a party, a funeral and a lot of decorating. Going to be a bit of a schizophrenic few days. I shall report back, probably mostly on the decorating front.

What with all that I've been engaged for 3 weeks now! That Champagne and Chocolate Cake post has been read 322 times, and not all of those were me. That's pretty awesome, right? I think it is anyway.

Everyone has been amazingly lovely to us. I am blown away with all the niceness. Thank you.

There are still no more plans, no dates, a couple more ideas but not many.  That'll be another post for quite some time in the future. Some time.

Now I will sleep.

3 comments:

  1. S where you going on the ferry?

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just to call them Caledonian NoBrayne and still do, for much better reasons than 8 year olds had except that it sounded funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a mug brownie recipe that doesn't need eggs:
    4 tbsp flour (self-raising will give inflating rather than chewy brownie)
    4 tbsp sugar
    2 tbsp cocoa
    salt
    2 tbsp oil
    2 tbsp water
    Adjust spoon size according to appetite. Mix dry ingredients. Mix in liquids. Microwave for about 1 1/2 minutes.

    ReplyDelete