Friday 14 November 2014

The Further Adventures of Squiggle the Tiny Squirrel

In which the tiny squirrel has many adventures. 

Skee-hee


Hello! This Tuesday I was 500 miles away eating KFC and cuddling a tiny baby, so Tuesday Blog Time rather passed me by.

But Fridays are when we all go home from work, make excuses for how we can't go out and sit in our houses on Facebook, right. So you could all use some happy pictures to pass your evening by?


Catch-up time then.

I hope you all remember Squiggle the Tiny Squirrel? If not, now is the time to become acquainted with the little chap. April this year seems to have been the month of the tiny Squirrel.

Last Thursday was the Aurora AGM, the result of which was that I still have the job of looking after our pennies and L now has the President's job and has to look after the whole caboodle, God help us all. Since then we have travelled many miles and had much fun with many people. It is, I think, a story that is best told through the medium of squirrel photos.

Less writin', more Tiny Squirrel. (Incidentally, one of my more successful life mantras)

Friday morning.
We get up far too early, to play taxi driver for L, who has a Real Job and gets to go to Conferences.

We went back to bed after though.
We go to work.
 We run out of coffee.

 We finally finish work and the adventure begins. Off to the Airport.


Departure Lounges make squirrel a little nervous, mostly because people keep giving him funny looks. Squirrels have adventures too, didn't you know? (is what he'd tell them, were his mouth not sewn shut)

Squirrel meets some friendly faces at the airport.

The Safety card makes Squirrel sad, as he is unable to assume the brace position. On the plus side, he doesn't need to remove his high heels and has no carry-on baggage to leave behind. He is, in many ways, the model passenger.

Saturday - Cambridge

In which there is shopping...

And markets...

And everyone rides a bicycle, and we approve.

There is food.

For a busy squirrel requires regular mealtimes. Or perhaps that's me.

Squiggle briefly considers a career in academia.
He's in there, honest.
 And this one's for my worky people. Also, that new coat I bought last week. It has served me well so far.

Saturday night - Party time!

Squirrel enjoys a good ceilidh, but in the way that you or I might enjoy sky-diving or swimming with sharks.


Happy Birthday and thanks for all the cake!

Sunday - Oxford 
(in the interests of academic parity)

Mostly this one pub in Oxford. Good sausages, excellent company.

Monday was mostly spent at BIG SPACE (soft play) with various children, who didn't get photographed on account of none of them being my children, and this being the internet. Squirrel was a bit scared that the children might eat him (not unlikely), and stayed tucked away in the pocket of my awesome new coat.

Tuesday - London

Now I am from The North, and most of my mental picture of London comes from the News and Charles Dickens novels. I was quite mentally prepared to be stuck in a traffic jam for three days while Victorian orphans raided my pockets and nobody spoke or made eye contact. I actually had a really good time.

I think one day I might like to go to London for a whole week, and each day just visit a different section of the Natural History Museum.






This is a Duckboat. We drove around London scaring tourists and then we just drove in to the Thames. Just like that. Nuts. We had the most awesome tourguide too. 
Not pictured with the squirrel are the mountain of Churros, or the Tube crushes we endured to visit the Tower of London poppy exhibit. But I did it, and I survived.

I have visited many Jones family members, and met many new people. I have done many exciting things, and just about learned to not say "bum" in front of the children. Exhausting work. Yesterday we made it home, on a rather bumpy flight, just in time to do some more dancing. Today has been reserved for recovery before we go running around the country again tomorrow.

Awww...
And I might just see you on Tuesday. Sorry if the sheer volume of images in here has crashed your computer. If it did, let's blame L's fancy camera and it's massive image sizes.


I leave you with one last picture, for those amongst us who had the pleasure of 2nd year Palaeontology with Prof Walkden. Crinoids!


No comments:

Post a Comment