Tuesday 8 December 2015

Cheese, dancing and modelling clay

Lunchtime. Go. Sorry-looking sandwich purchased. Laptop on. Ok, you've got 45 minutes to get a head-start on tonight's post. I wonder what's happening on facebook? Ok, make that 25 minutes. Now what am I going to write about? Daydreaming, that's a thing. Make that 10 minutes. And don't forget to actually eat the sandwich. Bugger.

So last night I lit the advent candle, and erm, well, might have forgotten about it.



I think this means it must be Christmas already. So feel free to crack open the mulled wine and take a week off work. 


Yes, I'm a dufus.

Last night I went out for my tea on a school night. Work's Christmas night out Thingimy. Well done to all of you for showing up and being sociable and only teasing me about a little bit about how I have a small stuffed squirrel who gets to come places and do things. And a stuffed cat who has a facebook page. We didn't even mention the other tiny squishy children. Like the wonky dinosaur L made me started making me for one birthday and actually gave me a year and a half later. Well done for also not teasing me too much for being the only one who thinks it's appropriate to finish a meal with a huge plate of cheese.



I even ate the Stilton, for which you should all be very proud of me. Stilton being a major milestone in one's cheese-conquering life. Ok then, at least I am proud of myself.

Sometimes I have to look at this blog to remind myself what I did with my life two weeks ago. Do you think that, in years to come, like many many years to come, when I'm all dead and forgotten about, that a future relative of mine will find this and be amazed at how strange people were back in the 2010s? 26 years old and still getting excited about cheese and stuffed toys.

This week, well the week was just another week, but the weekend featured the actual happening of actual stuff. First weekend in December is SUSCDF. Is whowhat, you ask? SUSCDF. The Scottish Universities Scottish Country Dance Festival. Fits in quite nicely with a presentation L gave on Thursday morning (and wrote on Wednesday night) about acronyms in academia, and how people pay more attention to your study if it has a clever name. It's a dance. With some extra showing off and some extra dressing up. It was very nice to see you all, and well done to all of the brave people (frankly most of the people there) who got up and put on a wee demonstration for us all. Each society true to their own character, Aberdeen as ever trading on minimal experience, even more minimal rehearsal, and just about getting away with it. Can't see why I fit in around here.


For many of the Aberdeen contingent this was their first public dancing performance, so Yay Woop Go You!

Tonight we are messing around with modelling clay. 



This, to be honest with you is a bit more exciting than writing stuff, so I'm off to make stuff! I'll maybe even have some thing to show for it by the time I see you next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment