Tuesday 2 June 2015

Lunchbreaks and Updates

This is my lunchtime. 


Me, my lunch (made for me this morning by the lovely L because I'm not so good at the whole getting-out-of-bed-on-time thing. It's got a double layer of cheese in and everything. Thankyou!), my squishy trainers and my computer. The experiment at hand here is how much of a passable blog post can I write in an hour?

Tuesday didn't happen last week, sorry. Also not sorry, but in a nice way, I hope. So many things. Here is a speedy re-cap of the last fortnight.

Pirates happened. 



This happened.

And it had nothing to do with me. And if you're reading the risk assessment, then it didn't happen at all.

I wore a skirt.



Pooh Sticks happened.



Everyone was sleepy. 

Well, I was for sure.

Then L and I got in a car and drove a thousand miles in six days. 

Which is a long way when half of the M1 is a 50mph limit.

In the last week-ish we have both set eyes on all of our parents, siblings and associated children. I count this as an achievement. I'm a little bit confused as to why Santa hasn't come actually.

And while all of that happened, this funky round tent was chillin' in someone else's gorgeous garden. 


The best spare bedroom ever. 

This is a deeply symbolic photo (honest Guv, hear me out). What it represents is essentially a free tent.

Our little Rowan Tree Tents enterprise is finding itself a tiny bit of momentum. And it's not without the help we've had from you lot in sharing, liking, spreading the word and putting up with me banging on about it. So we really owe you an update.

Since we went live with this in March/April we have had:

  • 2 bookings
  • 1 more confirmed booking in the diary
  • 2 potential bookings in the diary
  • 1 query that didn't work out

Those three paying customers will amount to what we invested in buying that additional tent!


Our next hurdles are probably numerous and complicated, but we'll give it all a damn good shot. Currently I'm minded to put a bit of effort in to our little baby website. It's not really the finished product I would like it to be. So, I'm on the scrounge for helpers. That would be you lot. Got a spare minute and fancy being nosy?

Go check out our website, please!


And when you do, be critical. I am looking for suggestions on how to make it flow better, be simpler, maybe use less words, and be easier to understand. I am looking for suggestions on how to get a good range of key words in to the first bit of text of each page, and help out Mr Google and his search engine. I am looking for typo's and funny turns of phrase that probably shouldn't be there. I want to make it funnier and friendlier. 

I want it to be easy to find, and then for people to say, "yes, let's go hire one of these crazy things". 

Not much then, right?

Here is our highly technical, professional-looking email address:
Or y'know, most of you came here via facebook, so you probably know me. Tell me things, people. 


I have 16 minutes of lunch left so I'm off to see if I can use these to get me a free coffee, because I'm down to coppers and euros. 



Mmmm, coffee. See ya!

So, erm, *cough*, Thank You to all the people who pictures feature in this post. 

No comments:

Post a Comment