Tuesday 25 March 2014

Welcome back, Tuesday

Welcome back, Tuesday me ol' friend. It's been a long time.


This is an inward-looking story about this tiny Blog and how it has been so sorely neglected that I feel like some of the draft posts sitting waiting were written by a much younger version of myself.

Me. 4 years ago. That other person who started this blog.

Busy people do stuff, right? By definition almost. Busy people get stuff done, and I feel like I've been busy doing stuff. The last thing I posted was ELEVEN months ago! I suck at this. I had plans for weekly posts, features, reviews, all sorts of nonsense. But I am inherently lazy, so this has not yet happened.

But I have drafts, stuff left lying around unfinished, written by someone who is mostly me, yet enough not-me-any-more that I cringe slightly upon reading them. There are 6 draft posts sitting in this account, which I think you deserve to finally get your hands on. And, dear starved readers (both of you*), you shall. I shall post them as they stand - broken and incomplete - written by slightly-younger-me and narrated by now-me. I'll even put pictures in. Pinky promise. Maybe even the occasional Buzzfeed style "12 things I once tried to blog about" title to pull in the Googlers. Because you're worth it.

And I will attempt to recount the stuff that has been filling those eleven months of radio silence.

I can do this (I hope) because Tuesdays have been returned to me. I have a precious School night off. For a number of years (about 5 of them) I had a Church House Group on a Tuesday evening. No longer. I taught a few weeks of yet another dance class. Job done. I had a two-month cold which had me going to bed as soon as I got home from work. I have eventually bounced back.

Since I last spoke up over here I have a new job, a new car, a new tiny friend, a new committee role to play. Some other new stuff I'm more shy about, like how I have a girlfriend now. I have achieved stuff and not achieved stuff. I've just had a notable birthday. There is a tiny squirrel. There is blogging scope here. And I might just use my new found Tuesdays to tell you all about it.

Until then, here is a bunny.



*Feeling the optimism in the room.

2 comments:

  1. Yay for more posts! You're doing better than I - see my LiveJournal for proof...

    ReplyDelete