Monday 27 August 2012

How to Move a Mountain

One box at a time.

Ladies and Jellybabies, this is my new, improved Box Mountain. A vast improvement on the original Box Chaos Room.

Possibly more of a Box Climbing Wall. The knees belong to the lovely man who put up the new wallpaper, which I have not yet had the good sense to take a picture of.
The last nine days have been a whirlwind of DIY. I have been playing with all sorts of new toys. My trusty Hex Key has never left my side.

We moved everything apart from the front room furniture in to Bedroom 1, the location of the above Box Mountain. At points the room was only accessible using ropes and crampons, and a fair level of acrobatic ability. Bit by bit, we've moved things out, and bit by bit this coming week we'll start to open up and unpack more boxes. 

I think I'll plan to give a proper Blog Grand Tour of the whole place fairly soon, for today I'll post all the assorted photographs on the I have on my phone. 

The Engineer Manny comes in about a month's time to put the phone line back in, so I'll be on fairly limited internet access for the foreseeable future. Right now I'm slowly drinking a cup of tea in a cafe with free wireless, before I go to work. What I meant to be doing is tidying up my CV and emailing it to the right places. 

PICTURES! More to come.

Bye Bye Thomas, Hello funky cool "Pebble Shore" paint.

Stripe!

Bedroom 1 pre-invasion of Box Mountain

Front Room before the stripping of the paper, brutal removal of TV mount bolts, and hanging of Funky New Orange Paper,.
You may mentally strip off the brown+white and replace with THIS! It'll be much easier than doing it for real, I promise you.

Bathroom, Duh. 


No comments:

Post a Comment